Mrs. K At Home This and that, and all the things I love!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Farewell Marilyn

Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum, in the garden

Such sad news! I just heard that Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum, the wonderful cross stitcher designer, passed away on August 12th. She was the creator of many beautiful designs. I first became acquainted with her work years ago, the late 1980s, I believe. The stitching group I belonged to decided to have a special meeting night just to stitch the Told In The Garden designs, which are very country-style, Amish inspired designs. We were just crazy about them; I still have a very large collection of the designs. We even called the group Told In The Garden. This is one that I stitched and finished in 1990:
The Quilting

The words, "The Quilting" were designed to be stitched under the quilters, but I decided to leave it out. I think the large, blue quilt has over 3000 stitches, LOL! Marilyn went on to create many other designs, under the Butternut Road, and Lavender and Lace, design names; all beautiful. She was a prolific designer.
Spiritdancer, Butternut Road

 Celtic Banner, Butternut Road

Firefly Fairies, Lavender and Lace

My favorites, though, are the Told In The Garden designs. These designs have a special place in my heart, as does the group I stitched with, and as does Marilyn. 

Farewell Marilyn, stitch away in the stars above.

Tangled in threads,
Mrs. K.

No comments:

Post a Comment